- BEFORE PAYING, please make sure that you have contacted the school and that you have received confirmation about the course availability, date etc. directly from the school.
- Note also that for some courses you need to have pre-qualifications. Please ask if you are unsure. You may need to upload confirmation of your other qualifications.
- Unfortunately we sometimes have students not show up for courses, while others desperately need to get in.
The cancellation policy is in place to protect our students as well as ourselves. It is fair but not flexible. Please read and sign that you understand the cancellation policy, on the enrollment form.
- You can pay securely online with the BOOK NOW buttons in which case the cancellation policy is an acknowledged part of the payment.
- Below our bank wire instructions if you prefer, and the enrollment form can be emailed.US INTERMEDIARY BANK:
BANK OF AMERICA
701 BRICKELL AVE
MIAMI, FL, 33131
FEDWIRE ABA: 026009593
SWIFT ADDRESS: BOFAUS3M
ST MAARTEN BANK:
REPUBLIC BANK OF ST MAARTEN NV
BACK STREET #62
PHILIPSBURG, ST MAARTEN
SF SAILING NV
9C PERIDOT RD, SIMPSON BAY
TRANSIT # 71605
- You can also pay in cash at the school.
- No course is considered booked or places held until payment is received.
When you have verified the availability and booked your course please go to the IYT website and register yourselfhttps://iytnet.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=170 . You will need a copy of your passport and ID on your computer to upload to your profile. We will need this student number ASAP, otherwise your certificate cannot be applied for.
We are so pleased you are deciding to choose MSWI to complete your courses. Our staff are professionals and their time and scheduling, is of the utmost importance to guarantee a quality service. To this end we do strictly adhere to our policies of cancellation. Please read the following carefully before you sign up.
- We require a 50% down payment to enroll you in a course.
- We retain 10% in case of cancellations more than a week prior to the course to cover administrative and reservation costs incurred by our school.
- If you cancel within a week of the course date, there is still a 10% administrative fee, and the balance of money will be allotted to a rescheduled date.
- WE DO NOT REFUND FOR BOOKINGS MADE WITHIN THREE BUSINESS DAYS OF THE COURSE DATE
- ALL REFUNDS ON PAYMENTS PAID BY CREDIT CARD WILL BE PAID BACK TO THE CARD, and 10 % for administrative and bank costs involved will be deducted.
- If you are enrolled in a course and have followed only one or a few days of the course and don’t come back for the other days (the rest of the course) no refund is due.
- If you have a real and (by the school) acceptable reason for your absence we can enroll you in the same course at a later date, as long as we have space. This needs to be within ONE YEAR of the missed course days.
- If you are not able to do the course even at a later date within a year, no refund is due.
- All IYT schools are independently owned and managed, and continuing a course that has been started with us, is not guaranteed elsewhere.
Practical course dates are subject to weather conditions and will not be guaranteed by the Maritime School of the West Indies. In case of a cancellation due to the weather or other circumstances behind our control the MSWI will reschedule the course and you will not lose any amount already paid. Please allow for this eventuality in your own schedule, or stay on the island. We very seldom have to cancel but being prepared is vital.
The Maritime School of the West Indies is an official IYT affiliated and approved school
Why Maritime School of the West Indies?
- We run good professional courses to schedule, with knowledgeable and friendly instructors.
- We teach in Paradise – what better place to complete a course and look for a crew position than in Paradise! St Maarten has a lively night life, great beaches and restaurants, affordable accommodations and has easy access from Europe and North America.
- With the Juliana International Airport and L’Esperance Airport in Grand Case, we have flights coming in from all over the world. Many direct flights are landing EVERY DAY out of the US, Canada, Europe and elsewhere – while local airlines service Grand Case airport from all over the Caribbean.
Please calculate your fees for air fares (and taxes) and compare with St.Maarten-St.Martin before booking a flight to somewhere else!
- St Maarten is a Megayacht Haven. Great place to get known and send your CV around. Our Maritime School works with all the Yacht Agencies in St.Maarten and St.Martin and many others in the USA, Mediterranean and the entire Caribbean.
We are in constant contact not only to help you LOOK FOR A JOB, but also to help you upgrade in higher ranking courses and promotions.
We are open all year round.
All the courses are in ENGLISH and all professional courses are MCA recognized.
All necessary books for the courses are provided by the Maritime School of the West Indies.
As soon as we have received your final payment we can send your books (if relevant) – shipping costs apply. Otherwise, you can pick up the books at any time at the school or you will receive your books at the start of the course at no additional cost.
We are officially affiliated with IYT WORLDWIDE in Canada.
There are several Crew Houses, Guest Houses, Studios, Apartments, Hotels on Sint Maarten – St.Martin. Please e-mail us for information and addresses so we can help out. While there is no official partnership, we know it can be difficult to arrange everything, and we are here to help.
HELPFUL HINT: Look at where we are located in Cole Bay on Google maps and then pick somewhere to stay close in the area if you do not have transportation.