*Please note all courses listed down below are exclusively for recreational purposes*
This is a 6 day course, depending on wind and conditions, aimed to deliver a safe, informed, confident and competent day sailor/skipper who can confidently command a sailboat up to 10 meters (32.8 feet) and crew during daylight hours in fair conditions in inland waters (bay or lake sailing) or coastal waters up to 5 miles offshore.
Recommended Entry Level Requirement:
- A learn to sail course/certificate
- Command a vessel up to a maximum length of 10 meters (32.8 feet)
- Inland waters (bay or lake sailing) or coastal waters up to 5 miles offshore
- Daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions
Command of a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 metres as part of a flotilla
In coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore
In daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions
The “depth of knowledge” required for the theory portion of the International Flotilla Skipper course, is the same as required for the International Bareboat Skipper course, however, the International Flotilla Skipper qualification is a “great stepping stone” to safely acquiring the 200 miles and 10 days at sea as required to progress to the IYT “International Bareboat Skipper” qualification.
Us Sailing Basic Keel Boat
The Basic Keelboat graduate will have successfully demonstrated the ability to responsibly skipper and crew a simple day sailing keelboat in familiar waters in light to moderate wind and sea conditions.
- There is no prerequisite for Basic Keelboat Certification.
Us Sailing Basic Cruising
The Basic Cruising graduate will have successfully demonstrated the ability to responsibly skipper and crew an auxiliary powered cruising sailboat, during daylight hours, within sight of land in moderate wind and sea conditions.
- The prerequisite for Basic Cruising Certification is a US Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification.
Us Sailing Bareboat Cruising
The Bareboat Cruising graduate will have successfully demonstrated the ability to skipper and crew an inboard auxiliary powered cruising sailboat within sight of land and bring it safely to anchor during daylight hours.
- The prerequisite for Bareboat Cruising Certification is a US Sailing Basic Cruising Certification.
- Entry Requirements:
- Min. age 16
- Operators of RIBs in the Mediterranean are required to be in possession of an approved certificate of competence.
- Covers vessels up to 15m (45′)
- Driven by outboard motors
- In fair weather
- No horsepower limitations
- No accommodation
- Up to 20 miles from a safe haven.