About The Course
- 21 years of age;
- have submitted a valid medical certificate in accordance with X/14;
- have completed a course of practical instruction under a licensed Boat master in sail or power vessels of appropriate size as approved by the Administration;
- have completed approved seagoing service of not less than 4 months in accordance with the requirements of the Administration;
- produce a VHF Certificate.
- have passed the examination for Boat master Grade 1.
- This License is to operate small commercial vessels in the Caribbean Region. The regulations are based on the United States Coast Guard Code of Federal Regulations 46 Sub-Chapter T (certification of small passenger vessels), which are regarded as equivalent to IMO Convention requirements for such vessels, Sub-Chapter C (Uninspected vessels) and The United Kingdom Code of Practice for the Safety of Small Workboats and Pilot Boats.
- The certificates issued by MSWI are endorsed by the Sint Maarten Maritime Authority and are valid for 5 years.
- The medical certificate ENG1 is required before the Boat master license endorsement by Maritime & Shipping will be issued. In addition the STCW and VHF license are required.