*Please Note that the courses listed below aren't all exclusive to commercial work.*
Boat Masters (1) International
- 21 years of age;
- have submitted a valid medical certificate in accordance with X/14;
- have completed a course of practical instruction under a licensed Boat master in sail or power vessels of appropriate size as approved by the Administration;
- have completed approved seagoing service of not less than 4 months in accordance with the requirements of the Administration;
- produce a VHF Certificate.
- have passed the examination for Boat master Grade 1.
The most important course for crew on mega yachts and for ANYONE working on yachts, day charter boats, charter yachts, fishing boats, tour boats and all vessels which have paying passengers on board is the STCW’2010 course.
STCW 2010 Basic Training Is an international convention arising from the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and has the force of law in all the signatory countries.
(Extra training requirements are given for certain special types of ships).
NOT included for this convention are crew on warships, government (non-commercial) vessels, fishing vessels, pleasure yachts not engaged in trade, and wooden ships of primitive build.
In effect this encompasses all crew on mega yachts and local commercial vessels.
Yacht Master 200tns Coastal
- A comprehensive live aboard course consisting of six days for sail or five days for power, which includes the practical on the water examination.
-The course covers subjects such as:
- navigational charts and publications
- dead reckoning and estimated position
- position fixing
- tidal levels and data
- safety at sea
Yacht Master 200Tns Limited
This certificate allows you to work as:
- Master of 200 ton vessel up to 150 nautical miles offshore
- Chief Mate of 500 ton vessel up to 150 nautical miles offshore
- Chief Mate of 200 ton vessel all oceans
- OOW (Officer of the Watch) of a 500 ton vessel all oceans.